A-Z Index | Toggle Font Size:

Parks of Culcairn

 Parks and gardens in Culcairn

Jubilee Park - So named from a competition held in 1934, located along the Billabong creek, south of the bridge.  Situated opposite the caravan park, with good off road parking. BBQ, toilets and playground equipment is available.

Eric Thomas Park - is situated adjacent to the railway station. It has playground equipment, lovely grassy area, off street parking and toilets. This park was named after a former railway man and dairy man.

Middleton Park - This area is adjacent to the ‘Doctors house’ which was built by the town’s early pioneer James Hugh Balfour for the town’s doctor. The shady area is opposite the hospital and has playground equipment and seating.

Memorial Park - the land was donated to the town in 1957 by Mr Angus Balfour in memory of his father JH Balfour who was Shire president 19 times between 1929-1941. The area is situated on the corner of Balfour and Blair street, has a lovely deciduous tree and seating. The park also contains a wishing well and time capsule, which was constructed in 2008 for the town’s 125th birthday.

Coach Terminal - this area is conveniently located close to shops in Railway Parade. The area has, toilets, seating, BBQ facilities and ample parking for trucks, busses and caravans.

Sports Ground - this area is situated in Federal street on the eastern side of town and contains sport facilities such as: Cricket nets, Pony Club rooms, Football ground, Netball courts, Show Society buildings, the ‘Andrew Hoy Pavilion’ and a grandstand.